Saturday 16 November 2013

DIY Lip Scrub

I've been drooling over the Lush lip scrubs and wanting to buy one for quite awhile now, but there are too many other beauty products higher on my 'to buy' list. It didn't occur to me however, that I could easily make my own lip scrub from home, that would probably be more beneficial for my lips than a store bought one filled with chemicals and nasty ingredients. So as per usual, in the penniless struggle to pamper and spoil myself with beauty treatments, I came up with this super easy lip scrub recipe that uses only two ingredients of which I'm sure most of you will have lying around the kitchen.
I've never used a lip scrub before, and I was so very impressed with how this one turned out. My lips are now incredibly soft, velvety smooth, and they are also a little poutier...LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!




  • 1 Tbsp of Caster Sugar (you can use any type of sugar, this was just the only sugar we had in the kitchen. I actually found that the finer grain particles from the caster sugar very kind and gentle to my lips but also exfoliated them very effectively, but it's up to you) 
  • 1 Tsp of Olive Oil 
  • 1 Small bowl 



Pour the caster sugar and the olive oil into the small bowl.


Mix the two ingredients together until just combined. You want to apply the mixture quickly to avoid the caster sugar melting into the olive oil, therefore making the lip exfoliation less effective.


Last, but obviously not least, apply the mixture to your lips and gently scrub away. Once you feel you've properly exfoliated your lips, leave the mixture sitting for a minute or two so that the olive oil has time to moisturise and soften the lips, and then rinse off.

If you happen to try this method, tell me what you think in the comments below ♡
What lip scrubs do you use?

xxx

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Great diy! This is so simple, and affordable. I can't wait to try this :D

    xoxo

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to make my own last year but I prefer the lush lip scrubs, especially the pop corn one x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame, I'd love to try out the Lush lip scrubs some time.
      xx

      Delete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS