Tuesday 12 November 2013

A Place I'd Rather Be - GAP Year?


Less than a week until I finish my final exams, meaning less than a week until I NEVER have to go back to school again... mixed feelings.
It's gotten to that time of year when the big questions are flying around; what am I going to do once I finish? Will I take a GAP year? Will I go to University? I know what I'd rather do, but I don't know how to voice my opinion without offending or disappointing those closest to me, and I don't know whether I'm ready to face the big, wide world. It just seems so...daunting. 
My family is one amongst many other families that expects their children to go to University straight off the bat, really no question about it (unless you're a crazy talented Ballerina like my sister). But me on the other hand, the eternal optimist who hasn't a clue what she wants to do with her life but knows she'll end up in a happy place somehow, wants to take a year off to explore, try a beauty course, maybe try and work in the equine business..
I don't know how I would the break the news to my family and to be quite honest, I'm petrified. The thought of going to University and studying all over again makes me want to cry, or hide up in a little ball and never come out. I'm feeling really conflicted at the moment because although I really want to study Media at University, I'd also like to take a year off before the study begins again. 


Has anybody had/have this problem? What would you do? 

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Issy! Its Colette here! Always follow your heart, your family will eventually accept your decision because they love you, always remember this. Its your life and you have to do what you want to do not what others want for you. Lots of love, you can do this and don't let fear stop you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colette you're absolutely gorgeous and so inspiring, thankyou <3 I guess it's time to be brave...
      xxx

      Delete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS