Tuesday 1 April 2014

March Favourites

Crikey, three months in to 2014 already! It seems like yesterday I was just moving in to college, feelings of nerves and excitement everywhere, and now I am completely settled in and have been living here for over a month. Anyway, my first monthly favourites that I posted in February went down quite a treat, so here I have another one; March favourites. I hope you enjoy!

1. French Connection Handbag.



For a decent amount of time I've been searching high and low for a bag that fits my new 15 inch MAC laptop. I also required it to fit notebooks and the extra crap that I normally carry around in my handbag. And of course, I wanted my new handbag to be simple so I could wear it with any outfit, but also stylish. Yes, I know I know, it's a lot to ask for in a bag but I was determined, I knew it had to be out there somewhere! Well, I was right. One week into University and I found my perfect bag, sitting on the pristine clean shelves of French Connection. It does everything I want it to, is simple, stylish and I've had many compliments on it already.

Rrp: $129.95

2. 'Retread' conditioner by Lush.



I've previously written a review HERE.

Rrp: $23.95

3. Bourjois Paris Colour Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick in '04 Peach on the Beach'.



I was actually inspired to buy this product at the beginning of the March from watching one of Zoella's YouTube videos (if you haven't seen them, click HERE). I love this lipstick because it feels as though I'm applying a non-sticky lipgloss, but is actually a very pigmented and creamy/glossy lipstick. The colour payoff is magnificent! I bought the shade 'Peach on the Beach' which is a really lovely light pinky/peachy colour (surprise surprise) and I just love the packaging as it looks like a giant crayon. It also claims to be waterproof (haven't actually tested that yet) and is meant to last for up to 10 hours or more, which is not really true, but it's lasting power is very impressive.

Rrp: $15

4. Benzac AC Acne Gel by Galderma.



Truth be told, my skin has really been suffering this month. I look back to photos of my skin last year and wonder how it can change so quickly. I've never had problem skin in the past, aside from being sensitive, but all of a sudden I've had nasty breakouts everywhere and it's driving me crazy! I decided that enough was enough and picked up a couple of products at Priceline to see if I could get rid of all the breakouts, one of being this amazing acne gel. As I was researching for the best products to cure acne before I went to Priceline, I found that most people said Benzoyl Peroxide is one of the ingredients you should look out for in products, as it is a very effective treatment. This acne gel has 5% Benzac and you simply apply it to the affected areas one to two times a day. Easy and so effective. I'm noticing massive results already.

Rrp: $19.29

5. OPI Nail Polish in 'Congeniality is my middle name'.



A deep purple/plum, slightly shimmery nail polish that is the perfect shade for Autumn, coming into Winter. I do indeed have an obsession with OPI nail polishes and just nail polish all together, and this has been my favourite of the month. I've had many compliments on this one.

Rrp: $19.95 (I bought 2 for $25 in different shades)

6. 'Cosmetic Warrior' Face Mask by Lush.



Holy mackerel, I cannot say enough good things about this face mask. This has to be my all time favourite face mask, not just in the month of March. The reason I love this face mask is because not only is it freshly made and feels very natural on the skin, it also does an amazing job of fighting breakouts (due to the garlic and tea-tree oil), deeply cleansing (due to the kaolin and fresh grapes) and softening (due to the honey and and free-range eggs) the skin using. Also, because this face mask is so fresh that it must be kept in the fridge, my skin instantly appreciates the cooling and calming effects, leaving my face looking visibly fresher and feeling smooth.

Rrp: $16.95

7. Bubblegum Lip Scrub by Lush.



In my previous monthly favourites, I mentioned how much I love the Lush lip scrubs but really disliked the smell and taste of the popcorn flavour. Well, I can safely say that the bubblegum lip scrub tastes amazing and smells delicious. My lips are left soft, clean, smooth, poutier and I always find myself licking my lips to remove the scrub rather than washing it off. This lip scrub comes in a very convenient little tub that I often carry around in my handbag. Never going back.

Rrp: $9.95

8. Sigma F50 Duo Fibre Makeup Brush.



Last but certainly not least, I thought I'd mention how much I've been loving the Sigma F50 Duo Fibre Makeup Brush. I purchased this brush online in a set called the Mr. Bunny Essential Brush Kit. I love this brush because it's so soft and light on my skin and makes blending foundation very simple, leaving a beautiful airbrushed look. This brush makes my foundation look very natural and non-cakey on my skin which I find to be a very impotent aspect in applying makeup. A definite must have.

Rrp: $23

So there are my monthly favourites. Have you tried any of these products and if so, what did you think? I'd love to know what your monthly favourites are so please leave a link below and I will check them out! 

xxx
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

12 comments:

  1. Lovely blog post! Check out my march favourites on my blog!!
    wonderfulworldoflilyrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was a great blog post! could you please check out my blog: www.lilysbeautyroom.blogspot.co.uk thankyou! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the handbag! I have a soft spot for French Connection ever since I bought an amazing FC dress.

    Great post, keep up the good work!

    Ingrid
    http://misschant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love LUSH!! nice blogpost! :)
    Lära♥

    http://laera-and-the-ireland-adventure.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it, Lush is the best! Thankyou :) xx

      Delete
  5. I love that OPI nail polish :) Super pretty!

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im in desperate need of a lush trip!
    Make sure to check out my blog:
    MAJOTRON.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS