Monday 19 May 2014

A Trip Down Memory Lane...

Hey guys!

You know when you have one of those days where nothing seems to go right and all you want to do is hop in a time machine and travel back to better times? Well, today is one of those days. I miss the old me and I appreciate everything that I've been lucky enough to do. At this point you're probably very confused as to what I'm talking about so I'll fill you in...

I used to be an elite gymnast. Gymnastics to me wasn't just a couple hours a week of giggly fun, it was a full time job. It was my life. I was sat at home the other day scrolling through old pictures of me doing gymnastics and I had one of those 'damn, what happened?' kind of moments. Does this often happen to you?

I used to travel overseas to places like South Africa, Hawaii, Canada etc. to compete, I'd travel interstate for week long training camps and at home I would train 32 hours a week. We had an ongoing support team too: masseur, physiotherapist, ballet coach, palates instructor.. you name it. Along side this crew were my fellow team mates, we had an amazing home away from home and they felt like family. I'm not for a second trying to blow my own trumpet, sorry if it seems that way, I've just had an overwhelming onset of nostalgia.

I know that this isn't the end, I've got many more great experiences to come but sometimes it's just nice to sit back and appreciate all the fond memories and goals you've achieved from the past.

I've included some photos below just for a little trip down memory lane. I hope you enjoy :)

My very first competition at 6 yrs old

State Level after I'd moved to MLC (a new gym, I wanted to become more serious)

2007 when I joined the International team!


Victorian Championships 2008
My Bestfriend and I at National Clubs, Canberra in 2008 with our coaches 

The team, 2008 

Competing in Montreal, 2009


The fabulous team, including Megan the masseur, in Montreal 2009 (I'm on the far left)


I love this shot and had to include it haha. The team trying to pass tedious travelling hours as we headed off for America.

National Clubs, Canberra 2009


National Clubs, Canberra 2009


Making a cubby house from foam between training sessions on the holidays...the things you do to pass up time! Haha.


Line up in training camp, Canberra (I'm the girl with brown hair and pink leotard)


Coming first place on Bars at the 2011 Australian Nationals in Perth :)


The gorgeous Victorian team competing at Nationals in Perth, 2011
Competing in South Africa, 2011
Big smiles after doing well in South Africa


I love this picture so I had to include it...having fun on the beautiful beaches of Cape Town, South Africa!


Looking out over the water in South Africa. The water was super cold!
Competing in Hawaii, 2012 (sorry, bum shot!)


More photos on the beach in Hawaii. We had loads of time off to chill out and explore after this competition...such fun!
National Clubs in Canberra, 2012


My coaches and I at National Clubs in Canberra, 2012


Last but not least, I thought I'd finish on this funny picture of me pulling a face in Hawaii. Nice disco ball head Issy...there should be a limit to the amount of sparkle hairspray that is legal haha!

Alright so I will stop there. I picked a few out of the hundreds of pictures that I have as I don't want to bombard you anymore!

Do you often find yourself reminiscing fond memories?

xx
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Gosh I used to do gymnastics when I was in school - phew.. I loved it but my mum was a judge which made it really difficult.

    Also loved that you mentioned South Africa as that is where I live :)

    I always reminisce and feel nostalgia x.

    I've just come across your blog and really love your writing and style - new follower xxx


    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much, such a lovely comment! I can imagine that would have made it difficult and what a gorgeous place to live..I'm slightly jealous. xx

      Delete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS