Wednesday 14 May 2014

When in doubt, wear red

"Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-ass red lipstick." 
- Gwenyth Paltrow

A lot of people are very intimidated by wearing red lip colours which I think is a real shame. There are so many gorgeous red lipsticks out there and I think more people should be wearing them! I thought I'd show you my favourite way to wear a red lip, and that is with a bronze smokey eye. I love this combination because it's classy, versatile and not too tricky to achieve with a bit of practice.

It's all about choosing the right shade for you and I think that's something many people forget to do. Not every red lip will look fabulous on everybody...here's a quick guide to picking the right one.



In these pictures I am wearing the 'Brownluxe' MAC palette (my favourite pallete ever which I've almost run out of!) for the smokey eye and then 'Ruby Woo' by MAC on my lips. I would wear this on a night out or even during the daytime if I really felt like it.




I hope this gives you some inspiration and always remember, as a makeup artist once told me, pulling off a bold red lip is all about your attitude and how you wear it rather than letting it wear you!

What's your favourite way to wear a red lip? 

xx
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Red lips suit you :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous! Love your makeup :) X

    Bec | Bec & Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely! :*
    Iulia xo
    www.iulena.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely x

    bowsandsunshine.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS