Thursday 12 June 2014

Face of the Day

If you're anything like me, you'll find berry coloured lipsticks incredibly difficult to pull off. I think they look stunning on so many people but for some reason it just looks far too harsh on my face...anyone know why this is? Regardless, I had a go at pulling off the gorgeous #106 Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick which I've been dying to wear for yonks now and I think I did an okay job...not entirely convinced though. 

I teamed my berrytasic lips (as you can see i'm trying to be berry punny...cringe!) with a silver smokey eye and Nars sheer glow foundation. 

I heard that if you team a similar coloured blush to your lipstick it's much easier to pull it off, so I wore MAC powder blush in "Pinch Me" which I think worked quite well.  




I believe this makeup to be quite versatile; a glamorous look during the day and then pop on a pair of falsies and you could wear it into the night too! I'm definitely going to keep working at the berry lip to see if I can't pull it off but for now, it's a work in progress. 

What do you guys think of this look? Do you wear berry lips often and if so, which brand? 

xx

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. This is definitely a look I would go for as well! Lovely post!

    much love xxx
    www.christinanista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! So pretty :) I love bright reds and berry shades but I get so scared when it comes to actually wearing them around... Need to be more bold! Your eye makeup looks incred too :) X

    Bec | Bec & Beauty

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS