Wednesday 18 June 2014

Product Review- Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in "Shameless"


There's currently a huge sale going on at Priceline, so naturally my best friend and I found our way in there to check it out. We have a terrible habit of egging each other on to purchase wacky products and well, this was one of them.

For me normally, wearing purple lips isn't something I'd even consider but lately I've been getting really bored with my same old appearance and want to mix things up a little bit. Starting with simple changes, I picked up the Revlon colorburst matte balm in the shade "Shameless" and was pleasantly surprised with how it looked on.



The balm is a deep yet slightly vibrant shade of purple and has a very creamy and easy to apply texture, unlike the majority of matte lipsticks out there. That's probably one of my favourite parts about this lipstick; it's extremely easy to apply being in a crayon form and is so creamy that it just glides onto the lips.

In terms of staying power, this lipstick lasts for a very long time whilst also remaining hydrating. The only thing that will cause this lipstick to budge prematurely is eating and drinking. I think if you had a lip liner in a similar purple colour it would be a good idea to apply that underneath.

Last but not least this matte balm has a slight tingling/cooling effect on the lips. I can't explain why it happens but it really doesn't bother me. The smell and taste of the balm is minty which is quite pleasant so makes up for any tingling action that goes on.

Note: It's a good idea to use a lip scrub before applying this as it does have a tendency to cling to the dry parts of your lips after awhile.

Personally, I love the look of purple lips and am completely converted. It's such a confidence booster wearing something a little more bold and daring out of the house and receiving positive feedback about how it looks. 

Have you tried the Revlon colorburst matte balms? What do you think of purple lipstick?

xx
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS