Wednesday 20 August 2014

DIY College Ball

Hi Guys!

The other night I had my College Ball and am proud to announce I did my own fake tan, makeup AND hair all by myself. I figured I'd had enough practice with doing my makeup etc. that I should save my money and use the many materialistic, beauty related things I already own. It was difficult not to cave in and book myself a few appointments but I resisted the urge and was very pleased with the outcome.

This is how it looked...








Makeup: 

- MAC prep+prime primer
- MAC Studio Sculpt foundation
- Maybelline Age Rewind concealer
- Elizabeth Arden Sheer Lights Illuminating Pen in the shade "Soft" #01
- Rimmel Stay Matte powder in #001 "Translucent"
- Hoola Bronzer by Benefit
- MAC powder blush in "Pinch Me"
- MAC highlighter in "Soft and Gentle"
- MAC eyeshadow in "Mystery" to fill in eyebrows
- MAC clear brow gel
- MAC prep+prime eye primer in the shade "Light"
- Models Prefer Kohl eye pencil in "Black" on smudged out on the outer corner of the eye
- theBalm Nude'tude palette using: Sassy, Sultry, Sleek and Serious
- Models Prefer Black Kohl eye pencil in "Black" on the tight line
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl eye pencil  in #005 "Nude" on the waterline
- theBalm Schwing liquid eyeliner in "Black" for the cat eye
- Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies mascara in "Black"
- MAC lip liner pencil in the shade "Brick"
- MAC matte lipstick in the shade "Ruby Woo"
- Eylure Katy Perry False Lashes in "Oh Honey"
- Napoleon Perdis Makeup Setting Spray

Fake Tan: 

- Bondi Sands tanning mousse in the shade "Dark" (I used two coats)

Hair: 

- Toni&Guy shampoo and conditioner for damaged hair
- TRESemme keratin smooth heat protection shine spray
- GHD hair straightener

Outfit:

- Dress from Lipsy London
- Earrings from Lovisa
- Shoes from Zu


The night was fantastic and if I could do it all over again, I would. I was super happy that I didn't waste a tonne of money on getting my hair and makeup done and in the future I will continue to do everything myself. It's also a great idea because it eliminates the risk factor of hating what the hair stylist or makeup artist has done, which can result in a complete waste of money.

Note: It's a good idea to practice your hair and makeup look before the event just in case you need to make a few changes and to ensure you're 100% happy with how it looks.

Have any of you done your hair and makeup for a ball or do you prefer to get it done?

xx

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS