Thursday 12 March 2015

Product Review - Hydraluron Face Mask

After reading mixed reviews around the bloggersphere, I decided to give hydraluron serum a go (opting for a few face masks in case I didn't like it). Well let me tell you! Hydraluron serum, for me, is some kind of a miracle product! I'm kissing goodbye any tired, dehydrated skin and puffy eyes.


The face mask is applied to a cleansed, towel dried face and left on for 15 minutes. It's a fabric mask with the serum all over it and makes you look a little scary and weird looking but this also means that it's not messy which is a huge bonus. The mask cools down your face (not really sure how to be honest) which is great for any inflamed spots you might have and is really quite relaxing.

After 15 minutes you take off the mask and gently rub the remaining serum that's left on your face in before applying your usual moisturiser.

I used this face mask before bed and when I woke up the next morning, my face was SO incredibly soft and plump, it was amazing! I can't even explain how thrilled I was. I found my makeup application a lot easier and my face looked so much more healthy and not at all dehydrated.

I ALSO want to mention that at the time I first tried this mask, my face was having having a tough time cooperating with me. Talk about unwanted pimples popping up all over the place *sigh*. After using this mask I noticed a massive difference in my spots. They stopped appearing and the ones that were already there had significantly gone down in a very short amount of time.


Intrigued to know more about this product and how it works so god damn effectively in so many ways, I did a bit of research and this is what I found: 

- Hyaluronic acid is a lubricant molecule found throughout the body and is capable of absorbing up to 1,000 times its weight in water. Our body produces it itself but as we get older, it becomes less able to do so and therefore skin becomes more dry and baggy. So although the word 'acid' might put you off trying this serum, it's actually not what you think it is and there's no need to worry.

- Hyaluronic acid is basically like a magnet to anything that is put on afterwards. So when applied before using a moisturiser, it will take longer for the water in the moisturiser to evaporate from your skin, keeping everything hydrated. Please don't be fooled and use this serum as just a moisturiser because that's not what it is. I've read a lot of reviews online from people saying that it doesn't work as a moisturiser but that's because they haven't used it properly.

- Using hyaluronic acid can also help with acne by speeding up healing time and decreasing the risk of bacteria on the skin..BING!

- There is an anti-inflammatory component in hyaluronic acid which is very soothing to the skin and aids in the wound healing process (so not only great for sensitive skin like mine but also great for acne scars or anything of the like).

All I can say is that hydraluron is a splendiferous product and I won't ever look back. The mask is great for that intense hit of hydration (especially good if you want to pamper yourself or if you're stressed/busy/tired and your skin is therefore suffering) but I'm for sure going to buy the actual serum product as well now.

Rrp: $29.99 from Priceline BUT there is a sale on at the moment reducing the face masks to $20.99

Note: this product is suitable for all skin types.

Have you ever tried Hydraluron? If so, what did you think? 

xx


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS