Tuesday 13 October 2015

Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting | Recipe

Today I baked carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and they were so delicious that I had to share the recipe with you guys on my blog. In actual fact, the cupcakes are 100% vegan because we ran out of eggs and so I used mashed banana as a substitute (I literally googled egg substitute and mashed banana came up....it's an oddly brilliant idea) but the cream cheese frosting is definitely not vegan. 

I found the recipe on a baking blog which I will link below and I'll include the changes I made down there also. I will admit, my cupcakes don't look half as good as the pictures I was going off, especially the cream cheese frosting which was a bit of a flop but hey, I tried! 



Changes made:

- Rather than using two eggs, I mashed up one large banana and used this instead.
- I added 3/4 cup of sultanas

Tip: The cupcakes are a lot nicer when left in the fridge for a few hours


Let me know if you end up baking this recipe and any suggestions on what to bake next! :) 

xx

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS